FOLLOW this document to earn your EP Challenge Badge
MAKE YOUR PLAN (part of the badge requirements):
- Chief Scout's Emergency Preparedness REQUIREMENTS PAGE
- There are many resources here, including the link above.
The requirements of the EP Badge are:
- Describe three situations that would lead to a community emergency. Describe
how emergencies can affect the local community and the people in it.
- a) Create/update a Family Emergency Plan and discuss with
- b) As a patrol, create a Troop Emergency Plan and
present it to your troop. The Court of Honour will agree on the final Troop
- Create/Update an Emergency Survival Kit for home use (to support your family
for 72 hours).
- Identify a person in the community who would possibly require help in an
emergency (e.g. someone with special needs, a senior) and how you could assist
- List three emergencies that are created by climate/weather. What would you
do to prepare and react to those?
- Earn the First Aid Badge.
- Most Scouts will be able to get their first aid in 3rd year, at which time the EP badge would also be awarded if the preceding criteria have already been met.
Other documents for download (also found in the above links):